WHY USE SHAREPOINT FOR BUSINESS PROCESS AUTOMATION?
Microsoft SharePoint Designer includes major improvements to the experience of designing workflows and modeling more complex business logic and process.
- Improve efficiency and boost productivity
- Increase consistency and automate repetitive tasks
- Empower users to focus on results instead of process steps
- Save time and money
- Reduce risks and build compliance into your processes
- Facilitate management visibility into organizational processes
The workflow features enable advanced, robust, no-code solutions including:
- A new workflow architecture
- No sacrifice to existing workflow investments
- More expressive workflows with stages that allow you to model workflow as logically grouped actions
- An improved email editor
Applying Business Process Automation in SharePoint begins with analysis of the current process whether it is paper-based or using other tools. Then we look for ways to eliminate the manual processes. It may include creating webforms to facilitate input from any device. We may assign events to workflow and applying logic (rules). Sometime we start with out-of-the-box workflows available in SharePoint, other times we need to create custom workflows for complex processes.
Who uses SharePoint Business Process Automation?
- Project Management
- Almost every department could benefit from automation