MIGRATE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF SHAREPOINT OR OFFICE 365
On-premise, in the cloud or a hybrid – EST Group can help you decide the best solution for your environment and the smoothest path to get there.
When Western Washington University decided to migrate its on-premises Microsoft SharePoint Server environment to a Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based solution, they used a hybrid strategy that makes it possible for staff to simultaneously search both environments to find the content they need, irrespective of location. By moving to Office 365, staff members and students communicate and collaborate more flexibly, confidential data is well protected, and the IT team has less support work.
End user training is an important aspect of migration. We can provide Train the Trainer programs to accelerate internal adoption
If you need to completely redesign a site from scratch or reuse a previous design of yours, you can use the Design Manager, which lets you modify master pages, page layouts, mobile views, and more. This feature is especially useful for advanced site design and branding to your public-facing website or your internal site collection or portal.
Apps for SharePoint
SharePoint Server includes support for the development, installation, management, and use of apps. An app is a small-scale, stand-alone application that solves a specific end-user need or performs a specific task. End users can discover and download apps from the SharePoint Store or from their organization’s App Catalog.
As with earlier versions of SharePoint, each user has a profile and a personal site (or “My Site”). SharePoint Server is reorganized into three distinct hubs: Newsfeed, OneDrive, and Sites. These hubs are available in a global navigation bar, and thus the social features associated with My Sites are fully integrated into the SharePoint experience. You no longer need to specifically visit your My Site in a web browser to access social features.
Create and view posts and updates in your Newsfeed
You can post to the public Newsfeed at any time, post to the Newsfeed on team sites you’re following, or see updates about other people’s activities. Note that you create posts or start “conversations” in the new microblog feature.
More ways to share documents and sites
- You can store personal documents in a single, personal library, accessible from anywhere — your OneDrive for Business. This takes the place of sorting documents into either “Shared Documents” or “Private Documents.” All documents in the library are initially private until you decide to share them.
- Use the new Share command to quickly share documents or sites. You can invite people to share specific documents and control what they can do with them (read, write, and so on). You can also use the Share control to:
- Share a document or site with a select group of people through a “selective people” link. Quickly find out who’s sharing a document or site.
- Send a personalized email invitation when you share a document or site.
- Receive alerts in your newsfeed whenever a document gets updated.
- You can also use your mobile device to share a document or folder in a library.